Saturday, March 13, 2010

Are You a Trasnformational Leader?

I was writing my blog yesterday and as I browsed the net for a photo to go along with my topic I found this one:


It says there are 4 components to transformational leadership, sometimes referred to as the 4 I’s:

Idealized Influence (II) – the leader serves as an ideal role model for followers; the leader “walks the talk,” and is admired for this.

Inspirational Motivation (IM) – Transformational leaders have the ability to inspire and motivate followers. Combined these first two I’s are what constitute the transformational leader’s charisma.

Individualized Consideration (IC) – Transformational leaders demonstrate genuine concern for the needs and feelings of followers. This personal attention to each follower is a key element in bringing out their very best efforts.

Intellectual Stimulation (IS) – the leader challenges followers to be innovative and creative. A common misunderstanding is that transformational leaders are “soft,” but the truth is that they constantly challenge followers to higher levels of performance.

The joy of reading is I always feel happy knowing more about things. Knowledge serves us with rationality and room for improvements, and it always makes us adjust ourselves so that we constantly renewing the food we feed our brain.

As I was having a discussion about Allspire with Joie and John, this article really comes in the right time.

Much more I believe challenges is the cause of improvements, I think the key to becoming better is the right attitude and action. While knowledge help us find the road, we are the machine to decide how we want to make it happen.

I am looking forward to becoming the marketing personnel, only when the readiness is there.


No comments: