Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fatherly Love - Despicable Me


I've never been read a bedtime story when I was young. In fact, I can hardly remember the sleeps I had around my parents. I slept with grandma when I was too afraid to sleep alone, and moved to a room of my own as I returned home from my relative's for weekends or school holiday when I grew older.

Parents of mine are not the type that will hug me in their arms and tell me they love me, nor sat beside my bed to read me story and kissed me good night putting me to sleep.

It's common in traditional Asian family.

So when I saw Gru who had never tasted but willing to show the kind of love and attention I wanted, my eyes got into tears being touched by the warmth. It is fairly rare for movies to talk about fatherly love, much more from one whose ambition is to become the biggest heist but end up being penetrated by 3 little girls - Margo, Edith and Agnes.

The movie was overall ok, with the existence of a bunch of minions and he's adopted daughters. I tell you Agnes and those minions just made my day.


No comments: