Monday, May 09, 2011

Celebration

When I first heard, "when you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live a life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice" by Kabir an Indian Poet, I thought it has described how one should really live so that they have a life.

Until I hear "Actually funerals are an important ritual in the grieving process. They don't just recognize that a life has ended. They recognize that a life was lived" from the movie Love Happens.

Life is indeed a celebration, although the departure is always hard to people around.

For some reason, I realize and open the photo folder of my father's funeral and the memories of the day we received call from Thailand about his demise and all the afterwards of such sudden shock came back. For me to remember that day, I still keep in my phone the messages that I corresponded with my youngest brother when he was there handling the body pick up with mom.

There are often lot of times we have regrets in being not able to do something especially when it comes to losing someone dear. We mourn until we barely able to get on our feet after such hit.

Yes on one hand I comfort everyone including myself that he is at peace without pain but on the other hand I somehow still feeling that loss inside, which the separation has taken out from me - we did not get to say good bye, face to face.

I guess this is the hardest part.

Until the idea from the movie got into me.

As I looked at the pictures taken that day, although they are filled with our grief of losing a father, a husband, a healer, a teacher and good friend (my dad has always been a good friend to me), I know too that he, although may not be able to speak his last words to us personally but, has given us the opportunity to look at life itself - so that we live too the life and get recognize when the time for us to leave comes.

It is a matter of how we look at life itself. And dad, you just never stop teaching me things even you are gone.

We miss you dearly.


And Happy Birthday pa, wherever you are.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful post, and so very true. It is very hard to lose someone you love, but it is something we all must face.
You are very right.


Check out my blog:
thehappycollegestudent.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great story, I really love it. Thanks for sharing. I haven't visited to Colombia but I sure it is a worthwhile place to visit. We will there (Colombia) next year.
Rio de Janeiro flights,
Melbourne flights,
Harare flights,
Dubai flights,

Anonymous said...

Much fun and you can't imagine how that is happen. Well, that is definitely an adventure and is jealous.
Cheap Flights to Nanjing
Flights to Nanjing
Nanjing Flights

The WritingWriter said...

Thank you for sharing this. Your perspective is one that can enrich and teach anyone who truly is a student of life and comes with an empty cup.

I am comforted by your blog because you share very deep and meaningful messages.

My deepest condolences.

Dele Akindele said...

Beautiful post... Earlier this year I too lost my dad. It was so sudden. I still remember how i felt the morning I got the call... My memory of him is what reminds me to be strong and keep pushing forward... My condolences and keep up the positive energy.

roye said...

I found this is an informative and interesting post for I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing Extra le lena na this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing ability has inspired me.





Cheap Flights to Adelaide
Flights to Adelaide
Adelaide Flights