Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Being an Editor



I love to write. People who know me know that. But little did I realize I have been an editor for Lifeworks' newsletter for almost a year now. Isn't that awesome? Although the newsletter doesn't need much of my writing, but I get to write to numerous reader every month in a very short paragraph of words talking about mine and the centre's idea that come together to the people. It is like having an obligation of making my heartfelt feeling visible and hopefully creating an impact, positive one, on those who are connected.

I believe there lives a teacher, a good one in terms of attitude and discipline, in everyone's heart. This teacher teaches us and through our thoughts, words, actions and responses we help cultivate that morale among one another.

While others might probably using melodies to convey their message, I seek the organization of words to spread the spirit of speaking the heart. Through the responsibility I hold I learn to make my words reading-friendly, and easier to digest. In Mandarin there is a saying about good writing, it is called Shen Ru Jian Chu (深入簡出). It means a good writing must be easy to understand but thought provoking.

Here are a few samples which I have done over the months.

Let me know your comment after seeing them.


No comments: