Friday, May 01, 2009

Unleash the Real You - Even it's a beast


Yesterday was kinda memorable - I settled my income-tax matter (like it's a big deal huh) and we went to cinema for X-men Origins: Wolverine. Oh yes, Joie knows I like to see Hugh Jackman and he's very very sweet to have bought the ticket in advance to secure a good seat.


Well honestly speaking it isn't as good as I hoped it would but it's ok. I mean (probably I was paying more attention on seeing Hugh than the story itself) this one is meant to reveal how Jimmy become Logan then into Wolverine. So the story is not very strong, not so much in showing his real feeling but focusing more on the entertainment side. You know, the six-packed and very sexily exposed hairy chest, even naked back running on the field giving women heart attack.

Anyway, I still like it (like I said it could be because of Jack instead) because I think one thing about this movie is about accepting the true us.

Both Kayla and Stryker has a very different perspective but thought-provoking sentence:
Stryker's - Become the animal. Embrace the other side.
Kayla's - You are not an animal.

We may not necessarily act on it but at least we acknowledge the real person inside. Sometimes it could be cruel because the so called "the other side of me" may not be very appealing and we'll have problem embracing the true self. But knowing that we do not surpress the feeling of knowing ourselves doesn't mean releasing the wilderness to become our practice. It allows us to understand and accept who we really are so that we can find the way to bring out the best in us.

So, when you're offered "I promise you will have your revenge", remember "we all got a choice, Son. " But always make sure you have your true self understood.

That, is what I have learned.

No comments: