Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Impressed. Very Impressed!!

I went to our national inland revenue board to check my pin number and I must admit: THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'M REALLY IMPRESSED BY THE SERVICE OF OUR GOVERNMENT SERVANT!!!!

No joke, all other departments of government sectors in Malaysia is well-known with their below par service - insufficient smile, bad manners, bad efficiency etc. But this one, this one really open my eyes.

I was greeted with a very friendly smile by a very polite young man at the entrance giving assistance to people coming for their income tax matter and when I reach the relevant floor to require for my pin number the lady talked to me with very kind manners (and with smile) and asked if I'd like to do the tax submission there. The place was totally crowded but the attitude is well-maintained! I replied that I'd like to have the pin number and do the submission elsewhere and so she asked for my ID card for verification and printed me the required number. She's even kind enough to show me how I should do the online tax submission. I thanked her and left after that very short conversation.

Honestly speaking I was feeling very pleased and the first thing I told Joie when I got into his car is about all these good treatment that I just received and he replied, "Yes they have the best manners amongst all government sectors, very well-known already."

Bravo to Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri!!!

No comments: