Friday, June 11, 2010

The Feeling of Longing for Home

I've been staying in different places since young age. Not that my family moved a lot, rather it's however me who'd been migrating from one place to another before I finally reach home. What makes me going around the places?

My parents didn't abandon me, I must clarify in the first place. Instead it's because of the school that they've decided to send me had put me through the living away from home. My house was in Bukit Mertajam (mainland) while I was studying on the island. They wanted me to be educated in a good school and so they have no choice but to put me away from them.

I didn't understand their intention during then and my childhood was filled with disappointment and sadness whenever I thought of myself staying alone with other relatives while my 2 younger brothers get to run into my parents' arms everyday.

My first time living away from home was very young at the age of 7 and all first grades are in the afternoon. The time I got off from school and arrived at my relative's place, instead of my home where my parents were, was when the sun's setting. It is when I have this feeling of loneliness longing for going home since then. It is always at the particular time of the day when the sun is going down and birds are flying in group returning home that gives me this feeling.

It is as if my feeling has gone back to the time when I wanted so badly to go back my own home instead of returning to a house filled with many busy relatives who all have their own life to take care of.

Although I have moved back home since my teen age and recently got married my heart still feeling that longing. Perhaps it is because we haven't got our own place yet. Having a place where heart rests and feeling resides is very important. It gives not only the sense of security and belonging but also acts as the foundation of bond and the platform of getting the achievements in life.

No comments: