Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Never Ever Give Up

I have always appreciate inspirations. I think it is the most amazing and incredible thing in the world because it not only allows one to contemplate but also to realizing the importance of exploring the potentials.

Although I am not a dancer myself and I haven't been trained in dance in my entire life, one of the many things that touches my heart is dance and I particularly in the connection with the genre of Contemporary Dance (and that perhaps explains why I am attracted to my husband). I couldn't explain what I see in Contemporary Dance as it isn't so much on the eye but rather towards that part right inside. To me it touches me deep down because it's filled with emotion and thinking that is always being carried out with well established techniques that expresses one truthfully.

In Season 7 of So You Think You Can Dance, Mia Michaels had to go to one of the potential top 10 finalist to deliver disappointment. This contestant did not make it this round although he'd worked very very hard to cope with the Las Vegas filtration round with his injured leg. After she's done with the announcement, she had this line delivered to him (Anthony Burrell).

"The stuff that we go through our lives, the negatives the knocks we can choose to take us down or we can choose to stand up rise up and make us even more brilliant and more beautiful."

It may seem ordinary and sound almost like every other line of inspirational quotes but to a contestant who wanted the opportunity so badly it could be the one line that keep the spirit high in order to continue fighting until victory arrives.

One of the 11 finalists (the judges have decided to make an additional room) Alexie Agdeppa was cut during the previous auditions for up to 4 seasons, and one of it was already at the doorstep to entering top20 in last season, but nothing beats her. She keep coming back until she finally got it through this round.

Nothing beats the heart that never give up.

And that is my favorite.


No comments: