Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No String Attached

It the 100th day prayer for my dad. We had the busy morning and decided to go for movie together in the afternoon, with mom along.

It's "No String Attached", by Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher (no spoiler here don't worry).


Throughout the movie there were pretty much laughter and frankly speaking it is a great new cinema in 1st Avenue, Penang. I enjoyed it so much particularly one line caught me as if it's some kind of message for me.

It says, "Be hurt. The world can take it".

Me and my sis-in-law had a talk yesterday over communication issue between couples. I mentioned about the sudden decease of my dad actually had quite an impact on us where we are still working on getting over it.

I did not really let myself get down in emotion since his depart. I know deep down I miss him so much but I just don't want to break down in tears. However when I heard this line my tears fall.

Sometimes it is just too deep the cut until the word "hurt" can be too much to bear.

Yes, be hurt.

Yes, the world can take it.

 

By the way, it is a good movie.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Glad you liked the movie!

It's strange how a little snippet or quote, that means nothing to everyone else in the world, can hit home so hard to you.

I just stumbled across your page and I plan to keep on checking in.

Have a good day!

Señorita said...

I agree with what you said; we need to allow ourselves to feel the hurt and pain. If we don't, we wind up suppressing feelings that never get dealt with...

Thanks for sharing :)

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

Doris said...

Thank you Joe for dropping by. Yes, when some words or quote resonate with the feelings inside it's more than anything else.

It is in fact a lesson that many should learn - not only allowing the feeling to rise, but too to acknowledge it's presence. I guess it is how it works, so that we can really let it go.

Thank you for coming.