Monday, August 31, 2009

Teaching and Learning at the same time

Had a rather wonderful weekend last week - taught 2 workshops at 2 different schools. I've been to the 1st one for a few times. Some people find it rather surprising when they know I, one from drama background, did workshop with dance students. They asked, "how can drama relate with dance?" I smile while answering, "they are considered as performing arts; and it depends on how you put them."

Both uses body language and they are expressing some message over the acting.

Teaching allow me to learn at the same time. By maintaining this connection seeing how these young spirits inspire me while they learn from my teaching I get to see how the students react to my way of teaching and I also get to understand more about what they think when they respond.

It is a constant reminder telling me that learning and teaching goes hand in hand. What matter is how I teach and learn at the same time. It is a two way thing.

What's more interesting is I had a class of 13 on the first day and 49 on the following. I learn adaptation, flexibility and being responsive in different circumstances while making the delivery of my responsibility. And then I thought to myself: the cycle goes on and on because when one shares the knowledge one learn new things even from the students. How beautiful is that?

No comments: