Sunday, August 02, 2009

Cassandra Chong, my ex-college mate, a renowned International Jazz singer

It's always great to see old friend, especially those from school days. But I must admit this meeting came in REAL late and I sincerely apologize for that.

It's about Cass, she's ex-APIITian with me in PF0032, back in 2000. I left the college one year later after completed my Diploma in Business with IT and I've never seen her ever since.

Approximately 3 months ago, I got a call from her and she told me that she's in town singing jazz at G Hotel. I got very excited to meet her but it felt weird because all the appointments never worked - whether she's not available or I was occupied.

2 days ago, I could not stand anymore. I called and said the first thing she picked up, "Cass, you gotta squeeze me some time. It's end of the month and you definitely is leaving very soon". She laughed (as always) in the phone and said, "ya, officially last night tonight and I just do another extra tomorrow then will leave on Sunday".

And so, we met, finally.

It is a kind of feeling where excitement blends so well with sentiment, especially the age part. We did not see each other for 8 years and it actually felt like a few short years ago only. But then the time that we did not see each other crawled back and filled the gap between then and now, and only by then we realize "WHOA!"

It was a sentimental morning, raining cats and dogs in a dramatic way - suddenly heavy and suddenly stop, then followed with another long shower. We brought her to different hawker foods and basically end up taking almost 2 hours for breakfast. What to do, Penang if the city of good food mah!!!!!

Had a great time catching up, mostly laughters and we missed Joanne as well as EeWei and Gurjeet (only to realize this morning that Gurjeet, who's been MIA for quite a while, popped up in my facebook to say hi. WOW! She's psychic or what?).

Anyway we sent her back to hotel at around 2 something as she needs to continue with her schedule. So here I am recording this very happy reunion, although very late (but better than never [and I almost hear Joanne doing that "boooo....., that's lame" wicked look at me when she's reading this]).

Definitely not having enough fun yet, but am very glad to see you Cass, after so many years! (Cass composes her own song and she has a very beautiful voice. Please drop by her website to check out yourself at http://www.wix.com/cassandrachong/music or read her up on NST online)

Doris & Cass


Joie, Doris, Cass
(can't believe it, cam whoring!!! That's why me and Joie look so unnatural)

4 comments:

Cassandra C. said...

It was a lot of fun seeing you after so long! Thanks for blogging about this moment~ That rain pour in the morning was so strange, especially when you were trying to say something to me, how heavy it poured corresponded to what you were about to say. haha.

Was great seeing you again Doris! Yup, definitely missed Joanne, Gurjeet and EeWei, if only they were there!

Joanne said...

doris: definitely that "booo.. that's lame wicked look" :p
but at least u finally met up.. :) sorry i wasn't there too! but no worries, I'll see cass on the 7th Aug at Bangkok Jazz.

yeah wei.. that gurjeet really got ESP! just the other day i was telling cass that i got a message from gurjeet the day after we went to azli's wedding! amazing or what. hehe

Doris said...

Indeed Cass, the rain really did make the effect. ^_^

So make sure you're here on Jan, so that we all meet up again!


==================

Thanks Jo, for being so supportive in things I do. You wait and see how I will "fix" you later...

Unknown said...

I was able to get my ex back after I followed the instructions at www.saveabreakup.com I totally recommend this site, saveabreakup.com helped me a lot, all I can say is big THANKS!!! I'm so happy now...