Friday, September 11, 2009

A Clear Brain

Like so many others, I was approached by a friend who joined Network Marketing years ago. I set a purpose in my head: "let me pay the ticket to step into their fortress to see how they make network works for them". I honestly admit that I am not a network marketing person but I do not stop myself from exploring. All I am interested in is their tactic. So I paid the joining fee, participated the so called conference where people get to meet those "super successful" senior and listen to their almost-the-same story - how they got from nothing to everything they want. I saw all these people in the thousands of seat gazing at the speaker and get emotionally boosted by the very "simple steps" to become successful, as if he's all surrounded by God's light.

I wasn't as emotional as they were and I wasn't all distant either.

I can still clearly recall I said something to myself and also to Joie that night, "REMEMBER ALL THESE SCENES AND THE AIM HOW THEY MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THEM".

One thing that really stroked me that was "it is obvious that the techniques are only make believe and there are still thousands and thousands of people willingly got drawn into it". And then I start to relate the secrets of Network Marketing with the concepts and tactics I learned in my degree years - THE CHEMISTRY OF EMOTIONAL AND RATIONAL.

In other words, in order to be very successful I need to be emotionally convinced about my passion and believe in the business I do; and on the other hand I have to be rationally setting my mind in the pursuit of my dream and goal. It means I have to FEEL as intense as possible the feeling towards my business so that I get so emotionally attached until I can never shift a bit of myself from it; at the same time I must stay CLEAR at all times so that I can sensitively sense and smell anything or everything around my in order to ensure I react as effectively as needed to always stay in line towards my ultimate goal.

That is why I realize: only by having the heart and mind really working together is the true answer. Because without either one or having either one fall behind another will lead to unbalance. Too much of the head becomes stiff/wicked and one will lose his true self; too much of the heart only building the castle in the sky - which none of it will make it to the sweet fruit.

No comments: