Sunday, September 20, 2009

Noticing the True Feelings

My best buddy said to me, "I am not a good blogger like you. I don't have much to write," when I asked what took her so long to update her blog. And then I thought to myself, "do I need to be a good blogger in order to blog as frequent as possible?" (stop nodding, don't think I can't see that)

Well, I don't want to make the judgment here but at least it takes the heart rather than the standard to blog. However I must admit there are basically at least 2 types of blogger: one blog for the sake of blogging and the other for the sake of learning.

To me, blogging is meant for seeking the truth and understanding of one's heart towards things and not showing how well one can write. I don't blog for any other reason but sharing my journey of realization. It could be wrong (I have never deem myself to be right) but what matter most is I confront every single piece of it.

I might not see the truth yet but I continue seeking; I might not know the reason yet but I never stop learning. Blogging them is a way of recording my progress. It is a proof of confession which I face myself without running away from it, whether good or bad.

And every time when I put my experience and the emotions that rises up in my heart into my blog I see myself making the markings of my life. It means much more than a diary that keeps only secrets to myself because it gives me the motivation to look closely at myself when I put my thoughts into words that is easily accessible by anybody. It also teaches me the lesson that I must always be honest to myself so that I can acknowledge the issue that requires my attention, which ultimately benefits me in the way of improving myself.

Feelings kept in heart are often too emotional and they can be rather vague and hard to be understood if they are not properly sorted out. By practicing writing them down we get to see more clearly how these feelings impact us and how we can effectively understand them so to take necessary actions.

Only by being aware of our true feelings and thoughts we can become better. After all it is a series of revealing the unresolved mysteries of life, don't you think?
picture captured by my little brother, Han

No comments: