Friday, November 13, 2009

Let the World End


Last night the cinema was crowded by people. Everyone came for a common reason - to see the world fall apart.

The best thing about cinema is the viewer/audience get to enjoy the effects, including sound and computer, of a big blockbuster.

Is the movie good? Nyeh....so so only.

We can't expect much. It has given us a lot. All the big disastrous scenes and the cheap emotion boosters - love, relationship, death.

Anything that you can think of.

The drawback is: the story is always the same old style.

So, no surprise.

Anyway, talk about the world coming to an end. I must admit the movie did give me a very helpless feeling. We can't do much about it. Not through our environmental awareness, neither by using shopping bag and not plastic bags. When the wave hit, astalla-vista babe.

Come to think of it: everything ends some way and some day. But knowing this mayan prophecy might probably come true not only in my lifetime but is actually 3 years ahead is definitely something.

That's why I am telling myself and practicing it everyday: live like you are going to die tomorrow, learn like you are living since today. Still do every bit I can to save the planet and cherish every way I can about this life of mine.

In case 2012 really bring the world to the end, please remember one thing: I thank you for being in my life in one way or another.

2 comments:

penman@truegosp.org said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. It is due to be released in the United States today, Friday (as I am writing this, it is about 3:00 in the morning Friday), but even when it is out I will probably not see it.

I have seen some television programming about end-time disaster prophecies, and I notice a pattern. You can tell me if the movie follows the same pattern.

These prophecy movies, TV shows, and books seem to be more for entertainment than real education about what the Bible says. And they leave something important out.

As I point out in my blog, they leave out the fact that these end-time disasters are coming as a punishment from God for our sins, and they are designed to bring mankind to repentance for our good.

By the way, there may be some problems in 2012, but I do not think that will be the end of this world. Too many other things must happen first. My estimate is that it will be perhaps 10 or 15 years until the return of Jesus Christ and the end of this age.

Doris said...

Thank you for leaving your comment, and especially sharing your point of view from a very sacred and serious perspective.

I have no conflict of interest in the topic of religion even I am myself a Buddhist.

What is important to me, which I agree with your writing in blog, is the educational angle or positive perspective of things.

Perhaps it is not the director's intention to lecture people or bringing the awareness to people's attention about religious teaching and so on.

From what I see in this movie, it is somehow more on a money-making and hottest-topic which has, however, brought some thinking to certain people.

Come to think of it, gathering the mankind to work together toward a common direction is not an ordinary task. That's why there are, to my point of view, different teaching available around the world.

The world is created in such a way, which again to my point of view, that we ought to embrace the differences among ourselves yet doing every bit we can to achieve the Oness.

And that is something we must learn no matter what religion background we have.

Thank you for being here. ^_^