Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Medical Report

I was having a conversation with an acquaintance from my last trip to Daen Mahamongkol. He's a CFP and he told me that nowadays about 80% of Malaysian-Chinese populations are covered by insurance (compare to 600% in Japan, wow).

That triggered the thought in me about the medical insurance that I (finally) signed up about a year ago.

I'm kinda slow in making this effort, I know.

Anyway, the procedure of signing a policy is always medical reports and doctor's report and bla bla bla so I of course need my doctor to help me with that.

Ok here comes the beginning of the ongoing application procedure thingy, which means I am still not covered by the insurance company after a year of application - the report from my doctor.

He wrote in my report saying that he's discovered I have some nodules around my thyroid and I'm advised to remove them (or I've removed them according to his advice). I went to another doctor, who's a surgeon, for another advice and I was actually given the option to remove the nodules up to my preference because my T3 and T4 level are normal and the nodules aren't toxic. So the surgeon said, "If you want me to have your spare money, of course I'll be very glad to receive them. After all this is a very simple and easy operation where I've done so many times. Otherwise just leave it" (what a nice doctor).

So I of course decided not to lay on that operation bed!

I went back to my doctor about the test results and he agreed to that advice too except he still prefer I to remove those nodules since they are near my trachea and they may affect breathing if they ever grow bigger.

My agent came to ask me if I've went through any surgery removing the nodules and I said no. Now see the conflict here? DOC SAY YES (in here earlier report) I DID REMOVE BUT THE POLICY HOLDER (which happens to be me, in the case) SAY NEVER.

Who to believe? And so the insurance company suspected that I am hiding some truth and decided to pass my policy without covering anything related to my thyroid that matters.

But the point is: how can I admit if I have never done any operation?

The agent then ask me to get that surgeon to write a report to verify. And I finally got my report yesterday.

It says I am not suffering from either Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism.

SO AM I FIT FOR THE COVERAGE? hmmpppphhh.... so troublesome!

No comments: