Friday, November 28, 2008

Slow and Progressive moves

Sometimes we tend to get overwhelmed by the knowledge and things we experience around us until we forgot about learning from other beings. The being I am referring to here, is other living beings besides human.

I was watching this movie titled "My Dog Skip", well it's almost 3 quarters done, and I realized myself weeping.

Narrator: "Old Skip had helped me through the struggles of boyhood. But his job was far from done. I almost lost old Skip that day. Even as he was sleeping on the operating table, he was still teaching me. That day, I became a young man. Why, in childhood and youth, we wish time to pass so quickly. We want to grow up so fast. Yet, as adults, we wish just the opposite. I received a trans-atlantic call one day. "Skip died", Daddy said. He and my mama wrapped him in my baseball jacket. They buried him out under the elm tree, they said. That wasn't totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart. "

We learn when we pay attention to things. We learn when we respect other beings, as if they are talking straight in our face saying, "hey you, listen. Don't you just presume and think you know everything".

My weeps were not just for the lines I heard that day, but also for an old woman that we all have loved and who'd taught me so much during her last days.

It has been almost four months she left me, but just like the narrator said, although I buried her right beside my house, but she is indeed lay buried in my heart.

I learn that love for beings live in the heart of patience and tolerance as well as understanding. And knowing too that slow and consistent progress is actually the key to reaching beauty - the true beauty of life.


No comments: