Saturday, January 03, 2009

Moving Forward

I was watching the "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" on AFC and saw this episode about a diner (ROCOCO) that suffers a big problem of losing money because of the recipes (award winning) were the same since years ago, pricey and it took very long time for the customers to have their food served. In fact, the chef cum owner Nick Anderson has got 100k pound of debts and has no way of getting out from the misery.

Gordon Ramsay came along to spend a week to push Nick's ass out from his old dreams (where his restaurant was once among the many recommended places in the dining guide) in order to start living a new life with new attitude.

Nick himself is like no different to any other man on earth, having the ego boosted to the peak of the head, whole body filled with old pride, giving all sorts of excuses for being unsuccessful etc.

Ramsay tried very hard to push him, even got shut out from the door!

The thought just strikes me: how often we are drown in the mood of remembering and repeating ourselves to others about our past achievements, and found ourselves not making progress in our present time?

Everything, good or bad, that we once have done were long gone. Being sentimental about the past is actually holding us back from really looking ahead and be brave to face the future. I often hear people say "when I was at your age, I have had my so and so achieved...".

Well, I am not denying the good influence on young people but it would be a big trouble if that whole idea would to penetrate own belief system. There is no way to find an exit if the heart and mind are concentrating on the reality seriously.

Comfort could be in many forms. The most important thing is: do you want to stay stagnant for the rest of your life and stop becoming better because of not being able to push yourself out of that zone?

I have achieved what I have achieved, that's done, end of the story. What matter now is I am achieving more that is ahead of me!

Yeeha!!!~

Here, do watch and listen carefully.










No comments: