Saturday, January 10, 2009

Silence

It's been a while since I last have chat with my dad. Not that I don't see him nowadays, but we used to talk (or argue/fight) when I worked for him. And now since I moved away from the office and do my own writing in the study room (it's practically become my working place) he hardly have anyone to gaduh with anymore.

With that peace of mind actually happen between two very short tempered person, the conversation took place some time ago was very pleasant. He manage to make himself really listen and express nicely. And then I realized: without having to deal with his "monsoon" so often I can really sink my head and see clearer.

From there I learned: it is really important and it is vital to have peace in everything we do. Sometimes we tend to get driven by our emotions (most of the time creating damage) and we usually regret later about the words that rushed out of our mouth. We might have difficult times dealing with ourselves but try to remember one thing: if the words/action hurt you when somebody else does it, it hurts others too when we do it.

Try cultivate silence when there is chaos or mess in the head. Only through transparency we see the picture, and that is not going to be available if we only stubbornly standing on our own ground.

No comments: