Thursday, February 26, 2009

Healing that Takes Time

Little did I realize that it took me quite a while to recover from the hurt. What hurt? The one that I had from my parents. I did not know that until these few days when I feel not only distant but also helpless whenever I see them. I ask myself inside me, "why is that?" because I have long over the pain that I got and also the anger when confronted them.

I thought I am ok already.

It is like the cut we get - we might have taken careful treatment for the wound but it needs time to do self repair.

This incident let me sink in and say to myself: be careful with the words you use towards others. You might mean nothing much than expressing yourself but never neglect the impact they might give to the one you throw words to.

Kind words are soft, cold words are sharp; use them with care to prevent unnecessary hurt.

No comments: