Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So Much to Learn

It's been a rather hot weather for days. We have just got the small piece of empty land in front of our house's main door some lawn and so watering them to maintain moist is very important. Right after I had a bad morning yesterday, I went on to shower the grass in the evening and there I found a little house sparrow shaking the water off near the wall.

It has feathers grown but is not strong enough to fly yet. It got pretty scared seeing big hands approaching and tried to escape from me. I carefully pick it up into my palm and brought it inside the house to dry it up with hair dryer and brought it back to the garden left it by a young tree so that the parents can see it.

I stood inside the house observing if there's any cat looking for dinner. It made sound as if calling for the family and I see a few bigger house sparrow came along in its vicinity but could not do anything to help.

It has a nest in the casing of our outdoor wiring. I picked it up from the ground and brought it to the plant where there's branch that it can stand on, hoping that it'll find its way home. I hold my palms beneath it like a protection so that it doesn't hit the ground if it falls off from the branch. I hold for quite a while and this little fella gave me a gift - its dropping.

I smiled at it and said, "ahh..... your appreciation".

Suddenly it flipped its wings and flew to my shirt and lean on my chest. I realize I cannot leave without making sure it is safe and I cannot stay forever to watch over it so I asked Joie to help me send it home.

After it's sent back home I realize the whole day was so interesting - I could have a bad mood day because of others' fault (punishing myself for the wrong I did not do) or I can be cheerful for a close connection with life itself through watching a small and innocent friend come to this world to learn.

I gently whisper to this little fella, "welcome to this world, you have so much to learn".

I know I am talking to myself too.

(no, this isn't my hand. I took this picture from internet but the little fella looks exactly like this one)

1 comment:

Kallipso said...

Hello. I'm not sure how I discovered your blog, but I'm enjoying reading it.
I've found a bird more or less like that one, and I took a photo very similar to that one. And yes, he was very young too and died in the same day...
I just thought this was curious. :)