Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Taking of Pelham 123

It is a remake of 1974's same name movie.

The Taking of Pelham 123, Year 1974


I didn't expect anything (once again it is proven that without expectation one gets more satisfaction in the end) although I have always liked Denzel and John.

To me watching them in the movie is a pleasure. I am always fascinated by the degree an actor into the role he/she plays. It doesn't matter what kind of role one is playing because most importantly is to give life to the character.

I like the movie, much because of the style, the shooting, and how the director deliver the metaphor.

There're a few lines and scenes that I really love. But most of all, I like how it show the emphasis on giving a sense of purpose on every life.

We often forget that we are each and every one of us common yet uniquely special. All we need to do is really look and listen, and find that place that this world need us to be.


2 comments:

Joanne said...

hmm.. no wonder i didn't pay attention to this movie.. coz i dun NOT like John Travolta! that strutting peacock :p

Doris said...

Why dont you like him?