Thursday, March 19, 2009

Love and Bond between Man and Animal


We thought of heading to cinema for "7 pounds" last night, but the showing time was a bit out of our cope so we thought we could go "A Tale of Despereaux" but work just got us missed the schedule. So we finally landed on "Marley & Me", which I find the choice absolutely correct.

I am not going to talk about the story here, but I definitely am going to say something about the feelings I got after watching. Of course to be perfectly honest here, I cried watching it (and I bet many people did too). The most beautiful thing is how the whole story is being carried out by paying equal attention on both human and animal. The flow of the story is just like our ordinary life - it goes like the stream, hit some rocks, stop by the banks to look at the scenery, and eventually come to the end of time.

We live longer than dog (counting by normal life span of no accident), we talk, perhaps we even have better intelligence than them. But that does not make them any less beautiful.

Apart from the short movie clip that I posted here before (made by a Japanese), titled "Love that is Irreplaceable", this movie recalls my memory of the time I had with my dogs since my young age, especially the one that I had who passed away last August.

(d0d0, passed away 9th Aug, 2008, after being with us for 12 years)


What I love most is the lines that John Grogan said at the end of the movie:

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, or big homes, or designer clothes. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare, and pure, and special. How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"

They are close at heart, always...even you call him/her the worst dog in the world.

The relationship is simply irreplaceable.

1 comment:

Vynnie The Pooh said...

hmmm.... when i saw dodo's picture, I feel upset for her leaving.... she's in my memory too... :)