Monday, June 22, 2009

Beautiful Angels

Approximately 3 years ago I had my first experience of lifetime - to work with a group of special kids - autistic children, to perform for the founder on her birthday dinner. That special day where all these very beautiful flowers bloomed was my birthday too.

3 years later I get to have another opportunity to work for another very meaningful performance. Performed by a group of special needs children including those with down syndrome, autism, domestic violence and also some main stream young artist from Anak-Anak Kota, this performance was organized by BOLD, choreographed by Aida Redza, and music composed by Junita Batubara.

I saw a group of happy and cheerful little angels presented their best to their parents and caregivers after working closely with BOLD, Aida and Junita for 12 weeks. I did not spend much time with them because I was involved in Production & Backstage works but they offered me their warm hug when I first entered the room (Choon Ken and Lee Sen, both down syndrome), gave me the most beautiful smile in the world and whispered in my ear reminding me to kiss my boyfriend on my wedding (Eunice, also down syndrome), greeted me with friendly talk telling me they remember me from the performance HOPE (Raj, Arvien and Kesa, all from the Home of Shan).

They (the down syndrome children) might not know much about life and they may not be able to live long enough to see what this world is all about but deep in their eyes I saw the glow of life that they have the purest heart and most innocent soul that can hardly be contiminated by this world of chaos.

I have my tears of joy shedded when they finally finished the performance and received a very big round of applaused from people who love them. I've learned one very precious thing: that life isn't beautiful because of how much you get but how much you are giving, especially the most truthful and priceless love.

This is the very beautiful song the kids sang together for people who love them and care for them...

HOPES & DREAMS

Wordless you are always available for me
I need you care and love, if I've a chance to choose;
I want to be like them, could do everything
My hope and my dreams
Give me your care and love
Do you see my hopes
Do you see my dreams

written and composed by Junita Batubara
Music Composer from Medan (North Sumatera) Indonesia

Written and given as a souvenir to me by Junita


Our helpers' ID, a sticker. I keep as memory

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a meaningful day and a day to remember. ^__^d

John Lee said...

Its meaningful to them.
And it means even more to us.

To let us do self check.
to not sway away from what we wanna achieve.

Miss You Jie Jie. =)

John Lee said...

Not to sway*

Hahaha

Doris said...

Yes indeed to both of you.

^_^