Monday, June 15, 2009

What Does Life Say About This Series of Events?

A guy came to our door at Lifeworks that day. He is rather dark and thin, at his twenties. He looked rather tired. He said he's just finished doing church service in BM and wanted to know how can he get to Island Glades from Pulau Tikus.

Finish in BM and end up in Pulau Tikus? Hmm....but of course I didn't ask although the thought crossed my mind. I suggested him to take a cab from 1-stop and he said it could probably cost about RM10 or so and he can't afford that . So I said maybe could take bus to KOMTAR and then change another liner heading his destination. He said his friend told him there's no bus going to that area. He seems know quite a lot about the cost and route. I told him to ask the liner instead as I don't really know much about that. He then dig out his pocket and say he has a ringgit of so left and ask if we could spare him RM20 for a meal and travelling charges. Joie offered him a ride to the nearest Police Station telling him that the officers would be more than glad to give him a lift. He quickly walked out and went away.

************

I received a sms from my friend and also saw the news over Facebook - a friend died at his early thirties. He suffered from diabetes for quite a while and things weren't stable even after he got his leg removed. His condition got worst and finally left us.

I went to his funeral and saw many friends, some were those have lost touch for long. I got a call from a friend in KL. She knew too this friend who's passed away. She said she called to hear friends' voice. She said it feels great even just hearing a friend's voice.

**********

By all means, what does life intend to tell us? To not waste one's life on doing nothing concrete and to cherish what one has while still can? I looked at the face of my friend sleeping silently in the coffin and remembering the face that I saw in the afternoon at Lifeworks door - yes, such is life.

No comments: