Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Self Certainty

I can't make people think the way I do. Neither can I make them feel the way I want them to.

Being able to tell precisely what I feel and mean inside helps me to be more convincing. Thus some people say I am able to talk their heart out, about where they find it difficult to put their thoughts into words.

So my capability in expressing feelings sometimes become the way people find certainty.

But is it supposed to be that way? I may be nailing the exact thought but what does that really mean? I am not extra-talented or extra-special than anyone. In fact, I was not quite a good student throughout my study years and my grades were mostly hanging in the air. Most of my relatives see me as a super-duper-ordinary person with no hope in achieving anything great in life, only graduated when I was 26, and with a 3rd grade degree.

Pathetic is it not? Even so, I still believe in one thing: I can be slow, I can be stupid, I can be nothing to everyone, but I have one quality that I am proud of: always seeking. To me, learning has no limit, neither time nor age. What matters is: DO YOU LIKE TO LEARN? DO YOU ENJOY LEARNING? ARE YOU WILLING TO ABSORB LIKE A SPONGE?

Paying attention to the inner self and start seeing the hidden glow, that's what I do. In fact, that is what I practice too when I am with other people. I like to understand how things are made up and how that affect the way we carry ourselves in life. That's why I get to catch how the heart feel when they try to express themselves.

What makes all these? I believe is self certainty. Unlike being proud or arrogant, one who is certain about the self finds it easier to locate own quality, regardless is it bad or good.

No one is perfect in this world so the last thing to do is to become so withdrawn from digging into the heart and soul to look for the true self. Let not the pride holds back the power of humility.

Be certain, because fearful and doubtful thoughts will partner up with reluctance to eat and destroy the real potential.

==========

Boosting confidence could help us react to people more positively. If we can allow ourselves to see that everyone in this world is part of the same energy, meaning that everyone is equal in the eyes of the universe, we might be more able to recognize that while in theory someone else may have power over us, but in reality, we are both one and the same within the realm of the universe. Once we understand that we are valid and essential part of this world, we can develop greater confidence in ourselves.

No one ever has true control over us for we are in charge of our thoughts, emotions and our self-concept. It is easy for many of us to put others on a pedestal and be intimidated either by their station in life of by their talents. If we can see t hat we also give as much to the world and that the power someone has over us us simply based on our mind's reaction to it, we are more able to stand up for ourselves. Knowing that as a human we have unlimited potential.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

i agree totally.. as in i believe that u hv to like urself first in order for others to like u, is it not? as in u hv to accept yourself first before u can express urself. once u accept yourself, ur self-confidence will naturally build. then it won't matter what anyone says because you will know the truth about yourself, will u not? everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that doesn't have to affect you. i think one hv to believe in oneself. it is as simple and as difficult as that..