Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sieve

We often take in too much for both the physical body and also the brain, and forgot to pass the excessive out. So, we tend to end up bloating most of the time because it is so difficult for the body and mind to digest so much with that very limited little room.

And then, diseases come to attack, penetrating the unprepared busy body and soul.

Isn't it true that all illnesses are what we asked for?

We shall, however, practice what Venerable JiXing said, "a good mind is a mind that works like a sieve, it is able to retain the things it needed and sieve away the ones it does not need.

More importantly, a good mind - is one that is able to remember what it wants to remember and forget what it wants to forget."


Sparing the room isn't wasting life. We can't get hold of anything when we are full.

Thank you Jenn, for that very meaningful quote.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

see what i mean? u always make me think whenever i read ur blog. don't get me wrong, it's a good thing because u tend to make me look inside myself as well as look at things from a different point of view. Remember i commented that i'm more of a 'descriptive writer'? i tend to just look at things at face value.. which i honestly dunno if it's good or bad. I wonder if we're best pals because we compliment each other? I look at the face value while u tend to look in depth. So I provide u with the description and u provide me with the contents? :)